Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Kidical Mass: See Beautiful Sellwood!

No clever theme this month, mostly because I caught the plague over New Years and had no brain cells to invent one.  So: costume theme is warm and dry, bike attire is well-lit.  We hope to see you there!

Let’s go biking in Sellwood! Meet at Oaks Pioneer Church on January 15 at 1:45, the ride will roll out at 2. We’ll make a tour of this great Portland neighborhood, maybe stopping for hot drinks and fun with park swings and ducks. Ride is just under three miles and will be a loop. Please dress for the weather, wear helmets, and don’t forget your lights for the ride home! Bring a few dollars in case we stop for hot cocoa.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hope you enjoy the ride!

We have to get the Eugene and the Portland Kidical Masses to operate on different weekends some month soon. I'm loving the opportunity KM Eugene is giving me to meet other bike-riding families close to home, but I want to catch a train to Portland to try one of your rides, too. I used to live (car-free) near Civic Stadium, but I haven't been on a bike in Portland (save brief test rides near bike shops) since I moved to Eugene in 1998. I'm looking forward to seeing how much the city has improved cycling since then. And of course, I'd love to meet your family (and other cool bike families), too!